Friday, July 15, 2011

2011 - Day One Hundred Ninety Six; Friday...

As I suspected, there will be no happy dance today, but the good news is, there is no sad dance either.

I was able to sleep in this morning, until about 5:30, and then in addition to all the other stuff, I got the cattle fed and took a fresh bale of hay out to them. As I was watering the plants outside, I spied this little frog (probably about the size of a dollar bill folded in half) on the side of the little terra-cotta fountain out by the pool. Usually I go NOWHERE without my camera, but I had to go and retrieve it from inside the house, and when I returned, the little guy remained calm as i took a series of photographs, ever closer and at different angels. No panic on the part of the little frog, and he was really a very BRIGHT green. Looked like something that should be in a more tropical climate, not in the middle of parched and dry central Texas.

ANYWAY, the cattle were surprised to see me. I try to keep the element of surprise working on my side when I feed them, since I am now feeding them in the corral I built them. I lock them out of the corral, put the feed in their troughs and then open the corral. That pretty much keeps them distracted while I take fresh hay out to them. I do not like them messing with me (Mr. Speckles in particular) while I am trying to put out fresh hay. Mr. Speckles thinks (and rightly so) that he is the boss, and if it is anywhere within his reach, it belongs to him. So, bragging that I am smarter than a cow is not really something that I will be putting on my resume, but it still works for me.

I got a good bit of work done in the office today, and made some revisions to the instruction plan that I will be implementing tonight and tomorrow. All Good! Interestingly, several weeks ago, a former Board Chairman was speaking at a luncheon, and he mentioned that his mother had painted a picture and presented it to the Board when he was chairman. He asked if anyone knew where the picture was, and someone replied that it was hanging in the women's restroom. SO, last night before I started my class, I asked Susan to take me into the women's restroom. Lynn was in residence, so we needed to wait on her, but then they let me in, and this is a copy of the painting. VERY PRETTY...

Deeds, Actions, Changes, BATHROOM ART, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment