Friday, July 22, 2011

2011 - Day Two Hundred Three; Friday...

Years and years ago, when I had a much shorter commute to and from work, I would listen to 'The Sam and Bob Show' in the mornings. Yep, it really was a long time ago. BUT, every Friday at about 7 o'clock, they would play a Friday Song (not really sure what the name of the song is) and I liked it a lot. I tried finding it on the Internet with no luck. It seems some crazy woman got her fifteen minutes of fame with another version of a Friday Song, and she has ruined it for old geezers like me. But, I can remember some of it, and I will find it eventually, most likely when I am not interested in finding it. Needless to say, IT'S FRIDAY, and I am doing a little IT'S FRIDAY HAPPY DANCE here while I author this journal entry. ENJOY!

A jug of wine, a loaf of bread, and thou. Can you pass me a little bit more thou, please. Today, it is more like 'A glass of wine, a piece of pie, and the chickens'! I just went out to check on the chickens, and everything seems to be going nicely. We got four eggs today, so that is a big day since it has been so hot. And the little chicks are not so little anymore. I think I will actually be able to tell these chicks apart from one another, which means I will be needing to come up with six chick names in the near future. They are all really pretty, and in this photo you can see that their legs are a blue/green color. They are a little over five weeks old right now (we have had them for five weeks and a day), but we have no idea how old they were when we got them. We expect they were three to four days old when we got them. I cannot wait to see what their eggs look like, they are supposed to be a really pretty blue color. BUT, there is no alternative but to wait. I have big plans for the chicks over the weekend, and I will let you know how that all goes.

REALLY - REALLY? This is all bordering on the ridiculous! On my way home this afternoon, the outside temperature was registering 107 degrees. The official high temperature in Austin today was a breezy 103 degrees. This is our 37th day this year over 100 degrees, which put us in line for breaking a record of about 70 days over 100 degrees (set back in the previous century sometime). Two or three years ago we missed the record by one day, but this year it looks like we may surpass it. We are really keeping our eyes on the tropics, because that is seemingly our only hope for rain in the near future. And that is not so near, really.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, BLUE LEGGED CHICKS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment