Wednesday, July 20, 2011

2011 - Day Two Hundred One; Wednesday...

Have I put it into words lately that I am the luckiest man in the world? The most fortunate, luckiest, happiest guy around? Lots of people think THEY are the luckiest, but I know better. All you need to do (and you can do this with me sometime if you want to) is to pick up a six pack on the way home (consumption at one sitting is not required), change clothes, go feed the cattle, sit in the big-middle of the pasture and enjoy life. There are LOTS of things that contribute to me being the luckiest man in the world, and I have to tell you, the sum of the parts is much greater than the parts individually. Appreciation is key. We are all in control of our own destinies, and there are no excuses for the good and/or the bad that befalls us. We are all in control (unless we are not). Whatever...

I am also, as you probably know, a big believer in seeing beautiful things all around me. Like clouds. When is the last time you took a minute and stopped to really appreciate a cloud. I know most of us just wonder if there is any rain in those clouds lately, but clouds are miracles in and of themselves. This is what the clouds looked like last night by the time I got a hold of my camera to make proper documentation. There was pretty much a pink sky everywhere; 360 degrees of pinkness. That is a lot of pink. And it was ever changing. You have to pay careful attention.

AND, there were more clouds today. Beautiful, billowing clouds all around. I remember when I was a kid, I wondered how the angels stayed up there, why didn't they fall to earth? Of course, I also used to believe that, when Marshall Dillon shot someone on the television, I thought they were really dead. No one had taken the time to talk with me about 'acting', I just thought their time had come. No one had ever really told me what it meant to die, either, but I knew it was not a good thing. BUT, then again, I never asked anyone about it either. I just 'went along'. Now, I ask questions. Kind of making up for lost time.

I got the cattle fed and put out a fresh bale of hay for them this afternoon. I also went out and made sure the chickens and chicks had plenty of feed and water. My friend Sharon gave me a call today to tell my about electrolytes you can add to the chickens water in the summer to help them stay hydrated. She said her chickens love it, she calls is 'chicken kool-aid'. Really, I can see it now, here chick-chick-chick, want some kool-aid. I think they have the number for the ASPCA on speed dial. BUT, Sharon is going to pick me us some and I will let you know how it all plays out.

One of the little chicks was being a smart aleck today and showing me how she can fly and get up on the concrete block wall that is supposed to be containing them. Those chicks are getting a little bit too big for their britches if you ask me. AND they are going to have a chick adventure this weekend. More about that later in the week.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, LUCKY GUY-NESS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment