Saturday, July 30, 2011

2011 - Day Two Hundred Eleven; Saturday...

The day started off nicely enough, as is evidenced by this lovely sunrise. I wonder if record setting temperatures is the cause of very nice sunrises for about the last week or ten days. BUT, I am no longer fooled by these miracles of nature. Fool me once, shame on me, etc. Now I am aware that there is and will never again be a chance of rain in our forecasts. IT IS NEVER GOING TO RAIN AGAIN, for all practical purposes. NOW...I DARE Mother Nature to prove me wrong. I DOUBLE DOG DARE HER in fact. Let's see now, if she will take the bait.

I stayed in bed a good long while this morning, but I was still the first one up. I went out and fed the bees and did my 'in the dark' chores. Jody got up, we had coffee and read the newspaper, and then I went outside and started watering plants (I continue on my every other day schedule). We are in the mode to survive, not to thrive. We are just trying to keep most of the stuff around the house alive. ANYWAY, as I was watering (and pulling a weed here and there) I got a call from my friend Dolise who was about to go and jump out of an airplane with a friend of hers to celebrate the milestone birthday of a friend.

So, I had known Dolise was going to do this for at least a couple weeks, and since the place they were jumping from was just about ten miles from the house, we decided to go and watch. When we got there, we were surprised to see a few other friends of ours there, particularly John and Susan. WELL, it turns out the birthday girl was John's mother Darcy. I had heard Darcy's name mentioned, but I had no idea she was John's mother, so that was quite a surprise. Bottom line, it was really interesting and everyone made it back to terra-firma with no issues. It is, however, giving me ideas about my birthday celebration in just a few months. We shall see. This is a photo of Dolise pre-take off. That parachute material is SO 1980's however...

After the jump, Jody and I came back home for a few minutes, and then we reassembled for a trip into Georgetown. We made a few stops (including to HEB where I picked up wine and bagels, all the important stuff) and then we headed to the Dairy Queen. Jody had a 'nutter butter' Blizzard, and I went with the Hot Fudge Sundae. I have never been as adventurous in the culinary arena as Jody; once I find something I like, I pretty much stick with it.

We came home and we both went down for naps, and I felt like I weighed about a thousand pounds in my big blue chair in the den. I think I was out for at least a couple hours. I was finally able to get up and go out and let the new chicks loose in the enclosed pen. I had tried several times to let them loose, but every time I went out there, there was one of the big girls sitting in the nesting boxes. I finally seized on the chance, and they were not at all hesitant in going outside and even climbing up on the outside roost. Well, at least two of them contemplated the climb, and at least one was successful. They are growing up quickly, and in another couple weeks, they will be 'free-range' girls with their big sisters.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, SKY-DIVING, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment