Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 - Day 001/365 - Sunday...

Well, here we are STILL boys and girls. Another New Year, and beginning the fourth year of this journal. I only bought the URL for five years, so I will have to consider renewing it at some point in the future. 365daysofbill.com is now on day 1,096.

We began the day with a pile of eggs. Even though the eggs on the left look like store bought white eggs, they are kind of an aqua color, not exactly the blue color we were looking for.

Do you want a rooster chicken? I am afraid his days are numbered here at JB Acres. He is taking EXTREME advantage of one of the older hens, and I (and Jody too) am concerned he is going to end up 'taking advantage' of her until he kills her. A friend of mine Sharon said she had the same thing happen with some of her decks, and the drake kept up until it killed the hen, and after that, everything was fine. Well, I do not really need the rooster, and I think we will all be better off without him. I think he will be a goner after tomorrow. That is just the way it is on the farm, things happen, and then you are short one rooster. We shall see...

Jody and I did a lot of work around the house today. We went back to IKEA and bought a few things for the house, then we spent the afternoon trying to interpret instructions that are for the speech impaired. Not really, but the instructions only have pictures on them, no words. Sometimes a little more challenging than others. ANYWAY, everything got put together, and all is good.

Tomorrow will be another busy day, Miguel will be coming over to held me get some work done outside, and that means hitting it from (pretty much) the time I get up until late afternoon.

Deed, Actions, Changes, FREE ROOSTER, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment