Sunday, January 15, 2012

2012 - Day 015/351 - Sunday...

Well, I did not have a day of little accomplishment, but I was able to get everything on my 'To-Done' list completed, and more. There was not an overwhelming amount of stuff on my list, but it is all done. Okay, everything that I am competent enough to do, and to do myself.

I did stay in bed until 7 o'clock this morning, even though I did shoot out of bed before six to throw a wash rag under the cat that we getting ready to hurl. She has become quite adept in giving us an 'early warning' that there is a furr-ball or some other semi-digested mass about to be evicted from her innards. We keep wash rags next to the bed, and we have become pretty good at having the projectile deposited on the rag. After the ritual this morning, Jody got up, I went back to bed and stayed there for about an hour.

I unloaded the cattle feed that we picked up in Taylor yesterday, removed the picket fencing from around the front flower beds, gathered up a couple dozen nursery pots and empty hanging baskets and took them to the nursery in Georgetown for recycling. The picket fencing was an effort to keep the chickens out of the beds, but they have pretty much decimated those beds, so we are not sure what to put in them that will be chicken proof and small enough not to block our views toward the front of the property.

On the way to Georgetown, we stopped (as is our custom) at Berry Creek Park and fed the mules. They are a curious animal, and we enjoy feeding them. They are used to seeing Jody's truck, too, and we were in that with all the pots in the back. We had started out in my truck, but the pots were blowing out of the back of the truck, so we turned around and put everything in Jody's Highlander.

Our friends Blake and Steve made the morning news (NBC) and Steve's parents made the local news. I am glad they are both safe, and they will have this story to tell for a long time to come.

Another work week starts tomorrow, even though it is a Federal Holiday.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, MULES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment