Wednesday, January 25, 2012

2012 - Day 025/341 - Wednesday...

The weather alert radio sounded three times overnight. THREE! That is not funny. High winds, flash flood warnings, and a dog that is afraid of his own shadow. Oh, and I should not forget the part about my allergies that are keeping me awake while I cough myself into a stupor. On the positive side, we did put the ThunderShirt on the dog, and his 'loud noise anxiety' seemed to be somewhat eased. He was not really keen on wearing the thing (unlike Chad's dog that LIKES to play dress-up) but he did not gnaw at it until it was in shreds either. Overall, Jody thinks the ThunderShirt is an overwhelming success.

I had a 9 o'clock meeting at the Board, and I knew traffic would be bad (the streets were wet after all), so I left the house extra early and it took me about an hour and forty-five minutes to get to the Board. That is the whole point about leaving early, you get there AT LEAST (hopefully) on time. I do not like to get someplace and have to immediately sit down and get started. I like to ease into it. It seems there was a roll-over accident in the Interstate, and I was parked (quite literally) on the road for about thirty minutes. Not fun. BUT the book I am listening to is/was really interesting, so that made it somewhat bearable.

After the meeting, I went to a meeting. And then after that meeting, I went to the office and plowed through some power-real-estate, and still made it home before dark. I stopped at Wendy's on the way home and got some chili, so that made for a really warm dinner. YUM!

I went to put the girls to bed, and one of them was missing, so the search was on. AND there was really not that much of a search; one of the Vera's was walking up the path to the coop and what she really wanted was for me to pick her up and carry her to bed. SO, it was actually the path of least resistance for me, so we were both happy.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, MISSING GIRLS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment