Saturday, January 21, 2012

2012 - Day 021/345 - Saturday...

It was a pretty nice day of doing as little as possible. Well, not really...

I tried to sleep in, but the allergy crap is causing challenges to the sleep thingy, so I was up at about 5 o'clock. Then the dog was not happy, so he got up, and then Jody got up, so we were all up by about 5:30. That does not ever happen on a 'school day', but naturally when everyone can sleep in, we are all awake.

I headed to the Board of REALTORS offices about 7:30 to attend a TREPAC education class that was instructed by my friend and colleague Chad, and it was very well received. It was a world record setter for attendance at a Saturday class, with 17 attendees and one no-show. BUT, the no-show already paid, so there were 18 investments in TREPAC, and that was great. This is a photo of most of the class participants. I wanted to take the photo in the women's restroom (why not) but there was a little bit of push-back on that idea, so we ended up taking the photo in the lobby. A great class, and I learned a lot, and I think all the folks that were there did as well!

After I got home, Jody and I headed off to Georgetown and stopped at the DQ (naturally) and then I was on a mission to get my hair cut. I have not really become comfortable with a new hair cutter yet, one that is good and a location that is convenient. SO, I tried a new place, and she did an okay job, but I think she got the crown a little too short and was really too much of a talker. I will make my final decision about her and the place in a couple days, but I am leaning towards continuing the search. I understand it is only hair and (worst case) it will grow back, but that is just one of my many little quirks.

Whatever...

When we got home, I went down for a nap that lasted longer than I expected. On the weekends I become afflicted with sleep paralysis, the syndrome that, when sleeping, you cannot move or rise from the big blue chair in the den. Honestly... It is not nothing like the other malady I have been diagnosed with; IED, or Impulsive Explosive Disorder. That one manifests itself (generally speaking) in the mornings as I am driving (or not) down the Interstate to the office. It is aggravated by AM talk radio also. It's awful, and can only be relieved by texting and steering with your knees. I SWEAR!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, TREPAC CLASSES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment