Friday, January 27, 2012

2012 - Day 027/339 - Friday...

This is my happy dance day, and I am doing the happy dance. Too bad you are not here.

Today was a day of meetings, and I am glad to have been there, and I am glad that the day is finished. I saw some good friends, some better friends and some new friends. All-in-all, a wonderful day. And now I am ready for the weekend.

Tomorrow will be a busy day with chores around the house. Getting ready to be out-of-town soon, for a working vacay. Fun, fun, fun.

Here is an interesting note: In May of 2009, we installed two wind turbines at the house, and there was always a nagging suspicion that one of them was just not right. Well, about a week ago, the suspect turbine quit, so I contacted the company that installed them, and was not expecting much from them, and had really not been at all satisfied with them at the time of installation, but they were the only choice of vendors. HOWEVER, I searched the web and found a local source and they came out and worked on the turbine today, and there were a myriad of issues with the poor performing turbine. Since we have two turbines, we consider them to be the 'far' turbine and the other is the 'near' turbine.

The 'far' turbine has always performed well, the 'near' turbine has always been an underachiever. I was ALWAYS convinced that it was not properly balanced. Today, the new company I found (and is local) came out and serviced the turbine under warranty, and found there were several issues with the turbine, and it was in fact not properly balanced and level. Makes a HELL of a lot of difference. Since the installation, the 'far' turbine has produced 8,800 KW of electricity, and the 'near' turbine has produced 7,600 KW of electricity.

So, they are both out there happily whirling away, and I expect we will notice a big difference. I am a happy boy!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, TURBINES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment