Saturday, January 14, 2012

2012 - Day 014/352 - Saturday...

Well, this has been a day of interesting occurrences, and so far, there are happy endings to the MOST interesting one.

To begin, I stayed in bed til about 6 o'clock this morning. Got up, read the paper, blew my nose for about a half-hour (perhaps in not that order), and made a pile of eggs for me and Jody. I got the cattle fed and moved to the other pasture. Once I got the gates open to the other pasture, they abandoned their feed in favor of the green grass of the pastures, so that was interesting. This is a photo of obvious (but unreported) pasture bullying on someones part. The only other time I have seen this done to one of the gates was back when we first got the cattle and were still down at the Red Rock farm. I decided to corral the cattle and vaccinate them. I thought it was a good idea, but Orchid decided she did not like the idea at all, and went OVER the gate to get away from me and the syringes, and this is what that gate ended up looking like. These are STRONG gates, and they are not easily bent like this. I have no idea what the issue was, and they are all seemingly doing well, but SOMETHING caused one of them to choose this route as an escape.

My friend Blake and his partner Steve were passengers on the Costa Concordia that ran aground off the Coast of Italy. They are both doing fine, and are safe in Rome, but they have pretty much NOTHING but their clothes. They will be on the Today Show tomorrow morning at 7AM Central Time. I will be watching. It certainly is a small world.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, BULLYING, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment