Sunday, January 22, 2012

2012 - Day 022/344 - Sunday...

Well, I started out as a slug this morning, and did not get out of the bed until after 7 o'clock. I would have stayed longer but I could not breath and I was coughing from the allergies, so I got up.

Miguel came by this morning to hep out with chores around the house. There is ALWAYS plenty of stuff to be done around here, and if there is nothing to do, just walk outside and I can find stuff to do. One thing leads to another and it just goes on and on. This is a picture of some kind of lizard that roams around here. When the temperatures are lower, their metabolism slows down and they cannot escape as quickly. He is a pretty common kind of Texas lizard, but it was interesting to hold onto him and get a really good look at him. I don't think they do anything but good, so he was released and is hopefully munching away on bad bugs.

Got the cattle fed, cleaned up around the place, got lots of limbs carted off to one of the pastures. I am really going to have to burn all the tree limbs back there one of these days. When we first moved here, I had a bunch of brush 'chipped' up and used around as mulch. That is really just not a practical approach to tree limbs and brush on 44 acres. Air pollution it is!

My week should be relatively calm, and I am looking forward to that.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, LIZARDS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment