Friday, April 6, 2012

2012 - Day 097/269 - Friday...

Happy Good Friday to you all, however you choose to observe it.

Many of you know that I listen to books on CD's during my commutes back and forth to work. Every now and then I get confused and have to try and figure out what the book I am listening to is all about. That is the case with the one I am currently listening to THE DOVEKEEPERS. Pat of the problem is, the CD's can't just go back to a place that confused me for a little review. This particular book is on 16 CD's and each track runs 25 minutes or more. But, through the miracles of the Internet, I am pretty much up to speed now and on the fourth CD. It is a very interesting book.

I left the office a little bit after noon today, and stopped by Central Market on the way home. While I was coming to a stop at the corner of 40th and North Lamar, I witnessed a mini-van take out a bicycle rider. It did not look as though the bike rider was seriously injured, and by the time I parked and was walking into the store I could hear the sirens off in the distance. I was probably inside for about thirty minutes, and by the time I was exiting the parking lot, there was no evidence of anything. NOTHING.

I got home sometime after 2 o'clock, and pretty much immediately went down for a nap, where I stayed for a couple hours, not sleeping the whole time, but resting comfortably. I have really been enjoying my weekend naps, particularly the 'sleep paralysis' that happens just on the cusp of sleep and consciousness. That is really not a term I made up, I heard it or read it somewhere, and I do not really even know if it is the sensation I am trying to describe, but I am using it, and that is pretty much all there is to it.

Just before dinner tonight I was sitting at the breakfast room table and two of the girls were out on the patio raising hell. These old girls are really very vocal, and the new girls have not yet picked up that bad habit. Of course the rooster made his presence known quite readily, and you all know where that led him.

Here is another picture of an Iris I have not featured so far this year. It is a lovely very pale lavender color, almost kind of a sand blue color. I can remember in high school, dinner jackets were very popular, and I thought a sand blue dinner jacket was just about the fanciest thing I could ever imagine. Interesting...

Have a nice weekend.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, BIKE vs. CAR, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment