Saturday, April 7, 2012

2012 - Day 098/268 - Saturday...

We all need to learn how to disagree without being disagreeable. I heard that on the news tonight, and I am totally in agreement. And, I am not even sure if we know how to agree with anything anymore. Generally when asked, the first response is 'NO'.

I actually made a good bit of progress today, and there will be more made tomorrow. I 'cut at' the grass today, steered clear of the bees and they steered clear of me as well. I have more grass to cut tomorrow, and will do a little cutting closer to the hives, but at least they were not chasing me just for the pleasure of it today. I also trimmed the rosemary back, took down a small dead tree from up towards the front of the property, and (regrettably) took out a loquat that I had hoped would revive. We have at least a dozen more sizable trees that need to come out as a result of the drought last year. There is also a magnolia out in front that I hope will try and come back, so I am hesitating to take that one out quite yet.

Jody got six eggs from the girls today, and the older girls are quite helpful with chores. No matter where I am out in the yard or what I am doing, they are right there trying to get into my business.

This is another of the Iris that are blooming out. Last year the blooms were much more spectacular than this year, but there have been a couple bad years; first with the really cold weather a couple years ago, and last year with the drought. BUT, there are patches here and there, and Iris in this part of Texas generally do not have too much trouble naturalizing. The roses are also doing nicely, and I am waiting on the first cactus blossoms of the year. We have promises of a bumper crop of coral yucca, and there are a few signs of the morning glories coming up. BUT, just in case there was any doubt, the weeds are having a banner year, and there is nothing keeping them back, that's for sure.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, WEEDS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment