Sunday, April 1, 2012

2012 - Day 092/274 - Sunday...

A very nice day today, it is Jody's birthday, and that is always fun.

I was out in the yard at sunup, trying to outfox the bees. It didn't work. I was suited up and everything, and was cutting the grass around the last two hives. They did not care for it at all. I got stung three times (through the suit) and that was not too bad. I have gotten pretty used to the stings, they do not really affect me at all anymore.

After that, I tried to dig some holes for putting in a walkway from the patio to the deck. Trying to get twelve of those cinder block deck supports ALL level and in line and all that proved to be too much for me. I will have to defer to the experts to finish the job, and we are supposed to get a little bit of rain between now and next weekend.

We met Michael and Lynda in Georgetown for Jody's birthday brunch, and the menu was very interesting. Usually I do not order eggs of any kind when we go out (because we have plenty of eggs at home) but I ordered pancakes and two eggs over easy. We don't often have eggs over easy at home, since I usually make a 'pile of eggs' and that pretty much covers it. But brunch was very nice, and we all had a good time visiting.

We stopped at HEB on the way home and bought a couple more plants for the front porch. Unless we get some geraniums for around the pool, I think that might be it for the potted plants this year. It was already in the 80's today, so I think we are going to have another LONG HOT SUMMER. I am not sure it can be worse than last year, but I certainly hope not.

We have a new calf. Jody and I got into the Mule before dinner and went back into the pastures to survey the cattle. I had a sneaky feeling we might have another calf, and indeed we do; a pretty little bull calf, white with a solid black face and really long stockings. He is really pretty. There is nothing WHITER than the whiteness of a new calf. They are just brilliant when they are newborns.

Pretty ready for a new week...

Deeds, Actions, Changes, NEW CALF, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment