Monday, April 30, 2012

2012 - Day 121/245 - Monday...

And yes indeed it was Monday. Not that there is anything wrong with that, it was just a busy day.

As much as I tried, I could not sleep beyond 4:30 this morning. Believe me, I tried. So, I was basically off to work by about 6:30 which is not that unusual, and I was pleasantly surprised that traffic was not a major concern. Further south (about another 20 miles or so) traffic was badly backed-up with two wrecks, but I got off (the Interstate) before it affected my drive. Eventually traffic was backed up all the way to one exit past the one I usually take. On the way home this afternoon, there was a wreck on the upper-deck that was plainly visible, but drivers were still going up there. They must have all been texting.

At lunch today I took my bike in for service. The weekend visits with many of my bicycling friends has given me the urge to get back in the saddle. My bike has been hanging upside down outside the chicken coop for a couple years. There was a lot of conjecture about where the bike had been but no one guessed chicken coop. In the end, all it needs is a wash, rinse and a lube. Everything else is good, I had really no reason to think it needed major work. We shall see, I am supposed to pick it up on Friday.

Jody and I went to Denny's for dinner tonight. We both ordered Senior meals, which I don't think really pertain to the price of the dinners, I think it has more to do with the portion size. It was perfectly good and plenty of food. I had the country-fried steak dinner, which is not anywhere remotely close to making my top-ten list of the best country-fried (or chicken-fried) steak entrees. But it was okay. AND THEN, taking an additional 20% off our meal with my AARP card made it even sweeter. Dinner for two for $13.49. YEAH BABY!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, SENIORS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment