Tuesday, April 17, 2012

2012- Day 108/258 - Tuesday...

I stopped at Buck Moore Feeds this afternoon on my way to a 6 o'clock meeting and bought some feed for the girls. AND, as long as I was there, I bought this T-Shirt. I have dozens of T-Shirts that I never wear, but I liked the design of this one, so... In case you cannot read the web-site on the shirt, it is AustinCoopTour.org. Take a look if you are interested in raising chickens in an urban environment. Good information.

I am ashamed of myself for something I did today, but I have partially (only partially) redeemed myself. I had to stop at the bank today (before the feed store) and I was busy doing something and the teller person said something to me and I could not hear what he said and I lost my patience with him and he lost his patience with me and it was just not a good experience for either of us. I was a smart aleck to him, he (kind of, in my opinion) kept egging me on and would not let it drop, and it got worse. WHATEVER... Anyway, I left the drive thru after I completed my transaction and went inside. This action could have taken several turns, but I decided the best thing for me to do was to just go and apologize to the man. I did, he and I talked (okay I did most of the talking) for a few minutes, he agreed that I was not the first person to lose patience with him (or other staff behind the walls) and it was unfortunate that the bank (no names but the initials are UFCU) cared more about the bottom line than to make sure there was adequate staff to reduce the wait times, etc., etc., etc. He said he had worked at the facility for over four years, and that was the first time anyone had ever apologized to him. I expect it was not the first time he had been yelled at (that day), but I found my actions to have been less than kind and understanding. SO, as I said, I hope my apology has given me partial redemption for my bad behavior.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, BAD MANNERS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment