Saturday, January 19, 2013

2013 - Day 19/346 - Saturday...

The house looks a little bit like a bike shop exploded inside it.  I went out to the front barn that morning and got down ONE box of my old biking stuff in anticipation of starting to train again.  Rats or some other type of vermin had invaded, and I trashed one jersey, and one pair of bibs has a couple chew marks, but nothing that won't be covered up with a jersey.  Found my shoes, lots of gloves, lots of jerseys, lots of spandex shorts.  As I recall from my former biking days, it was (mostly) about looking good.  I am probably the only guy within 50 miles of the house that has basic black spandex, but also red, blue and purple (and jerseys to go with all of them).  I need to go back out to the barn tomorrow to see if I can find anything else, I think I am missing some favorite jerseys and more bibs.

I did manage to do a ten mile ride, maybe a little more than ten miles.  I don't think that was too shabby for the first ride in at least three years.  My knee surgery was a particularly disappointing procedure, and all the promised results did not occur.  Ten minutes after the surgery the guy said, "Well, looks like we really should have just replaced it, you just never know".  Whatever.  BUT everything worked out well, and I made it with no trouble at all.  I may do another ride tomorrow, maybe not as long, I don't want to push my luck.

One thing is certain, I need to find my gel seat.  And I need to get a battery for my bike computer, I altered my route today because the computer was not working, but I knew mileage for one particular route.  If I get the computer working, I can take different routes but still be able to track my mileage.  I need to find my mirror also.  Anybody want to ride?

Tomorrow will be mostly another day of rest.  I will need to get the cattle fed, but that will be just about it for  getting things done around the house.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, TRAINING, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment