Sunday, January 20, 2013

2013 - Day 20/345 - Sunday...

It was a very nice day today, lots of sunshine and high temperatures close to 70 degrees.  I stayed in bed as long as I could, I actually was awake for almost an hour before I got out of bed.

I finally got out of the bed and went to let the chickens out, came back in, made myself a cup of coffee and read the morning paper.  Shortly after that, I made Jody and me a pile of eggs, and putzed around for a little while, before we took the dog boy for a ride.  Once we got home, I fed the cattle, and putzed around the house a little while longer.

I did get in about an 8 mile bike ride this afternoon, it was a good local ride.  During the ride, one truck passed me and there was one other guy out walking.  We do not live in a very densely populated area.  I did not want to ride quite as far as I did yesterday, I would like to OLD muscles to get a little bit acclimated to this new torture I am putting them through.  I may try a bit longer ride next weekend, but for now about 7 or 8 miles now and then will do it for me.

We had an early dinner, and it is just about time to go put the girls to bed.  So far this year, we have collected almost 11 dozen eggs from the girls.  They are all seemingly happy and productive.  There is a lady that lives not far from us that has chickens AND boy chickens, so I think I may stop at her house one day and see if she ever has any chicks she wants to sell.  Home grown chickens!

This week coming and the next week are looking to be relatively calm weeks.  I wonder how long it will take for that to change?

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CHICKENS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment