Thursday, January 3, 2013

2013 - Day 3/362 - Thursday...

Holy Macaroni, Dude, this was a day.

I got up at about 4 AM, and (I am almost embarrassed to admit) found that one of my colleagues had just e-mailed me.  Really?  I kind of thought I was the only one checking e-mails at that hour.  I told the colleague (co-conspirator/friend) to go back to bed.  The next missive I received addressed me as 'POT', to which I responded 'Dear Kettle'.  It was much cuter at 4 o'clock in the morning.

I got to the office at about 7:30 and the first challenge was when our electronic check depositing device crashed.  I had been through that before, so I actually knew how to fix that.  Then we had a BIG power surge at the office and all the computers (and everything else in the office) crashed.  That was not as easily fixed.  Also, because of the surge, the alarm went off in the office we lease downstairs, and that was not easily fixed either.  BUT, everything was kind of back to normal by about 9:30.

Then I had another dental appointment at 2 o'clock, was back in the office about 3 o'clock, and headed out to my last meeting of the day shortly after 4 PM.  That meeting lasted until just about 9 PM, and I am finally home after a long day.  But there was time in between all of that to take this lovely photo of the downtown Austin skyline.  Pretty.

I am hoping it does not get REALLY cold tonight.  Low temperature forecast in Austin is about 38 or 39 degrees, so we should be okay here.  I am counting on it anyway, since I am not going out to turn the water off in the pastures.  We should be okay.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, BUSY-BUSY, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment