Thursday, January 31, 2013

2013 - Day 31/314 - Thursday...

Well of course, leave it to me to make the highways and biways of central Texas a safer place.  All that and do I get any credit?  Of course not.  All I had to do was to mention (and harldy mention at that, it was, at best a passing thought) that I would dedicate the blog in February to the WRECKS DU JOUR that I see on a daily basis (and becoming more and more frequent) and that was the impetus needed to cause all vehicular operations within a 500 mile radius to became sane and courteous.  CRAP!  There was not a wreck to be seen in my travels today, although I did see wome people driving down MoPac (with Chris) that were clearly uncomfortable with the idea that it could be a wreckless day.  BUT, my problems were solved by my friend Emily who was an undeserving participant of a slow-speed (don't think OJ here) collision.  It seems some GUY backed into her car and tried to blame it on her.  According to Emily, her car came out of it smelling like a rose, but you shoulda seen the other guy!  TAKE THAT!  Thanks Em!

Today was our Meals-On-Wheels day, and we were down to only four clients today.  Doctors appointments, this and that kind of stuff makes the client list ebb and flow.  You never know how many clients you will see from one day to the next.

Can you believe it is the last day of January already?  Tomorrow is the first day of a new month (makes sense if you have any comprehension at all), and I am telling you, it seems like this month went quickly and slowly at the same time!  February will be kind of crazy for me, I think I will be sleeping in Hotel and Boat beds more than I will be sleeping in my own bed this month.  A pretty good bit of travel happening this month.

I will be starting my day off at the Board tomorrow morning, and then I will be heading into the office to get lots of 'first of the month' work done.  I have a very interesting job, and at least I can say that no two days are the same!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, EMILY, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment