Friday, August 2, 2013

2013 - Day 214/151 - Friday...

Nothing you can use but maybe you can work it into a conversation somehow information for the day:  Controversial debate surrounds the creation of the hot dog. Who really created the first hot dog? Although the city of Frankfurt, Germany credits itself for the origin of the first frankfurter in 1852, some argue that Johann Georghehner, a butcher from Coburg, Germany created the first frankfurter in the 1600s.

Today was the Fan Fare Friday at the Austin Board of REALTORS® and we were collecting fans and cash for Family ElderCare.  It was a good day for it, the thermometer in my office (in the shade) was registering 103 degrees at about 3 PM.  There was a food truck, cupcake truck, sno-cones and a dunking tank.  It was great fun and everyone had a good time.  I did not make an appearance in the dunking tank, much to my relief.  It looked like a lot of fun, but some things are just better left to the youngsters.  So Mr. Evans, can you tell us the events leading up to your arrival at the Emergency Room for treatment of your lacerated and inflamed protuberances?  Um, well, I slipped?  Yeah, we get that a lot.  Fill this out and we'll call you.  The wieners were good though, even if they can't spell...

It is Friday, and I am looking forward to the weekend.  Gonna sleep a little later in the morning (I hope) and then take a few naps throughout the day.  I cannot think of any real pressing chores that need to get accomplished tomorrow, but I am sure I will find something to keep me occupied.  Sunday will be the day that I fill up with chores.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, WEINERS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment