Tuesday, August 20, 2013

2013 - Day 232/133 - Tuesday...

Here is some information about Studebaker's that I bet you did not know.  Hell, you may not even know what a Studebaker was OR that they were really cool!  Studebaker Corporation was a United States wagon and automobile manufacturer based in South Bend, Indiana. Founded in 1852 and incorporated in 1861] under the name of the Studebaker Brothers Manufacturing Company, the company was originally a producer of wagons for farmers, miners, and the military.

When I was a little kid (I was getting pretty close to driving age, I was probably about 14), I wanted to buy a 1959 Studebaker Lark convertible.  One of my customers on my paper route owned it, I do not even know if it ran, but in my mind I can still see that car where it was parked in the housing complex that I delivered papers in.  Winter, the snow had collapsed the convertible top.  It was yellow with a black top.  The guy wanted $50 for the car, and I had $50!  I had saved up $80 the year before that and bought a Schwinn Varsity 10-speed bike, so I thought $50 for a car was a great deal.  My dad would not let me buy the car, and I have never forgotten that car.  Today while I was on an appointment, this Studebaker was parked across the street.  It is a '62, and it still looks pretty darned stylish.  Studebaker was always a little bit ahead of their time style wise.  Nice cars!  I am still car crazy, but if you know me, you already know that!

Another good day today.  I just realized that I am leaving for Chicago on Saturday, and the whole time I thought it was Sunday that I was leaving.  Changes things just a little bit, but that also means I will get back a day EARLIER than I thought, so there is a little give and take there!

Tomorrow will be a day of office stuff, one meeting in the afternoon, and some catch-up stuff.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CAR CRAZY, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment