Wednesday, August 28, 2013

2013 - Day 240/125 - Wednesday...

Did you ever play 'Hi Bob' when you were in college or just anytime?  Do you know how to play 'Hi Bob'?  If you don't just ask me and I will tell you.  Over the course of the (Bob Newhart Show) series, the phrase, "Hi, Bob" was said 256 times. Howard Borden (Bill Daily) said it a total of 118 times. Dr. Jerry Robinson (Peter Bonerz) logged 41, Carol Kester (Marcia Wallace) 36 and Emily Hartley (Suzanne Pleshette) 17 times. Ellen Hartley (Pat Finley) said it 5 times, other minor characters or guest stars said it 38 times, and Bob Hartley (Bob Newhart) even said it once himself.

If you look closely at the face of the statue in this photo, it actually does favor Bob Newhart.  If you just give it a casual glance, it seems to more resemble Moe of the Three Stooges.  Shannon and I were walking back to the Hotel the other night from eating at Bubba Gump's and I saw this bronze and instantly knew it was from the tv show and this was Dr. Hartley.  SO, I figured I would sit for a quick consult, and see if I would wake from a dream.  Nope, Shannon was still there!

This was a really busy day, so busy that I forgot about getting my hair cut and missed the appointment.  I thought about it at exactly the time of the appointment and hauled out of the office, but I was too late.  I now have an appointment for 8:30 AM on Friday.  I guess I will go straight there and not go to the office first.  I have an 11 o'clock in the office, so that should be plenty of time.

Tomorrow should be a little bit less hectic, but I am sure I can change all that.  It is my Meals-On-Wheels day, too, so that will calm me down somewhat!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, HI BOB, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment