Saturday, August 3, 2013

2013 - Day 215/150 - Saturday...

Here is an interesting factoid for you today, it won't do you any good (especially after I win the PowerBall jackpot tonight) but it might encourage another soul or two to play:  Contrary to popular belief, it is not true that the odds of winning the lottery are worse than being struck by lightning. You only need to consider the awarding of large jackpots to dispel this myth. In 1996 1,136 people won $1,000,000 or more playing North American lotteries. An additional 4,520 won $100,000 or more. By contrast, 91 people were killed by lightning. In addition, there's no second prize in a lightning strike. In a lottery, you win lesser amounts of money by coming close to the winning numbers. On many games odds of 1 in 5 or 1 in 4 are not uncommon. Lotteries award over $50 million in prizes in North America every day. Lightning isn't nearly that lenient.

Okay, so now that you know why my e-mail will not work after tomorrow and I will be changing my telephone numbers, let's talk about today.  I was able to sleep a little bit later, but there are always the chickens to let loose, and they tend to get a little bit cranky (with each other) when they are confined and it is daylight.  The good news is, it is getting darker earlier, so I get to go to bed a little bit earlier.  I know there are some of you trying to imagine going to bed earlier than I already do, but it is possible.  This is a picture of some of the girls just getting ready to think about going to their roosts for the night.  Always a good thing to hydrate before bedtime.

There were a couple naps during the day, but no real work was done.  I did go and buy some cattle feed and some bird seed, but that was pretty much the extend of it.  Tomorrow will be the day for chores, but once I claim my jackpot, I will probably just hire it all out.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, JACKPOTS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment