Friday, August 30, 2013

2013 - Day 242/123 - Friday...

SYLLEPSIS: syl-lep-sus.  The use of a word to modify or govern syntactically two or more words with only one of which it formally agrees in gender, number or case.  The use of a word in the same grammatical relation to two adjacent words in the context with one literal and the other metaphorical in sense.

What?

A figure of speech in which a word is applied to two others in different senses, for instance, He caught the train and a bad cold, or two others of which it grammatically suits only one, for instance Neither they nor it is working.

Whatever, I am not sure any of that was worth the trouble.

 I did mention that today is Friday, right?  There was a really pretty sunrise this morning, which I got to see before I got on the expressway.  I left late for town this morning, since I had an appointment to get my hair cut at 8:30.  I was there by 8 o'clock, but my hair cutter (Johnna) was late.  I was finished by 9 o'clock though, so that was okay.

Mostly an office day after that.  Chris and I did sub for Meals-On-Wheels this morning, so that was a good thing.  It was our usual route, so there was a bit of confusion; is it Thursday again already?

Looking forward to doing as little as possible for the next three days.  I will try very hard to accomplish as little as I can.  I should excel at that.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, WORDS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment