Sunday, August 4, 2013

2013 - Day 216/149 - Sunday...

What is the second most frequent answer when people are asked "What would you do if you won the lottery?"  Get a divorce.

The most frequent answer is Start my own business, but what I really think they meant was get an unlisted number.  Anyway, here I am, composing another journal entry, so you all know that I did not win, and I am very disappointed.  Well, there is always Wednesday (or is it Thursday?), I'm not sure, but I am certain the media will inform me when it is time to make the purchase.

Today was a great day.  Slept in a little bit, let the girls loose (and they were ready), made a big ole pile of eggs for me and Jody, then went outside and started working.  I actually (okay, with Miguel's help) got everything on the list done plus a couple more items.  It is interesting what you find when you are moving boxes and stuff from one place to another.  I have to admit, I have a better understanding of what is packed up and now stored in the new shed out in the back.  The garage is also looking pretty neat and clean if I do say so myself.  This Proclamation from the City of Riverview, Michigan was given to me in 1967.  A friend of mine from two houses down and I were delivering the newspapers early one morning and there was a fire in one of the houses.  We got into the house, woke up the people inside and carried the chair outside (after we put out the fire).  I got this proclamation from the City and a $50 savings bond.  I was in tall cotton.  Oh, and we also got out pictures taken and published in the Detroit Free Press. 

Jody and I left the house this afternoon about 1:30 or so (after naps and showers) and headed into Austin.  We made a run to Costco, then a couple more stops before we went to dinner.  I had a 7 ounce filet, and brought most of it home with me.  The leftovers will make a meal for the two of us to split. 

We got a record number of eggs today, nine all together.  I hope the egg drought has finally ended and we should be getting a good number of eggs every day pretty soon.  I think we have at least 25 chickens out there (I have not counted lately), but I think there should be 28 (after divesting ourselves of the obvious boy-chicks), and the new girls have started laying.  We should be knee deep in eggs pretty soon if everything goes as planned.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, FIRE, FIRE, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment