Wednesday, August 7, 2013

2013 - Day 219/146 - Wednesday...

Here is a piece of totally useless information for you and it has nothing to do with the heat in Texas:  Chicago is home to the world's largest free outdoor food festival -- The Taste of Chicago. In 2006, 3.6 million people from around the world attended the Taste of Chicago festivities.

I only bring this up is because up until about 6:30 this evening (and I got up about 4:30 this morning) all I had to eat today was a piece of a brownie (pretty good) and a chocolate chip cookie (really good) at the hotel here in Chicago.  In order to stay hydrated I did have a Diet Coke and a Diet something else, I can't even remember.

I got on the plane this morning at about 8:45 and headed north.  As I boarded the plane I checked in with the pilots and got the okay to have my picture taken in the cockpit when we landed.  I tell you what, every pilot that I have asked has agreed to take my picture in the cockpit.  Pretty soon I will have a pretty impressive collection of photos.  I think the pilots actually have a good time doing it, and it gives them a break from the routine.  Cool!  No, literally!  The high temperature here today was about 88 degrees, it is 72 degrees right now.  There is supposed to be a cool front in the area tomorrow, I do not know what that means.  Do you think it will snow?  It could happen!

Good meetings today for the NAR Broker Involvement Program, but it has been a long day.  I met some rally nice people (here is a shout out to Margie!), and now it is time to go to bed.

Leaving here tomorrow about noon, and head back to Austin and back to the office on Friday.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, COOLNESS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment