Tuesday, August 6, 2013

2013 - Day 218/147 - Tuesday...

And now for something completely different (but essentially as useless as everything else posted here):  Lowest USA temperature: -79.8° F / -62.1° C, Prospect Creek, Alaska, 23 January, 1971.

As long as it remains as hot as it is, I am going to (most likely) bore you to tears with the high temperatures of the day.  Today it was 105 degrees in Austin, and as of about 7 o'clock this evening it was still 104 degrees.  They are (I think, check the photo) forecasting 106 degrees for the next couple days and then a cool front comes in (possibly) around Friday which is expected to lower the temperatures to about 100 degrees.

I will be reporting to you from Chicago tomorrow, where right now the temperature is reported to be 81 degrees.  Now THAT is something to write about.  I will most likely submit (for your approval) a photo of some industrial waste site near the airport.  Fly in, check in, meet, sleep, meet, fly out, done.  In and Out, nobody gets hurt.  I am flying on American tomorrow, which means no checked baggage.  I had to call them today because when I printed my boarding pass it had the wrong flights, the wrong seats (okay, it had TWO DIFFERENT seat assignments) and it stated the boarding time was an hour and 46 minutes after the plane departs.  They suggested I print another boarding pass once I get to the airport tomorrow.  Still seems kind of Twilight Zonish to me...

That is all for today, it is too hot to think.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, FATIGUE, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment