Saturday, August 17, 2013

2013 - Day 229/136 - Saturday...

Well, this explains quite a bit:  Heat does not kill chickens, humidity does.  Chickens function just fine in higher temperatures, however humidity has been known to lower a chicken's performance and render them dead.

We have a brooder, one of the Danish Leghorns is on the nest constantly.  Every time I go into the coop I take her out, and at some point she goes back in.  This could go on for months, and it gets kind of tedious. 

A week ago, a bunch of us were in Connecticut, and we went to the Mark Twain Home and Museum.  First off, I had no idea Mark Twain (aka Samuel Langhorne Clemens) hailed from Connecticut or anywhere else other than the Deep South, but there you go, he was from Connecticut and quite happy about it.  It also goes a long was in explaining the title of one of his books.  This is a picture of me sticking my face (you really thought it was Mark Twain, right) through a cut out on his body.  Another little known fact.  Late in his life, he went on the lecture circuit (really was parodying himself) to make a living.  It was kind of like Samuel Clements in a One-Man-Show of Mark Twain.  He did it before Hal Holbrook, but probably not as good.

I was very successful in doing as little as possible today that involved any physical exertion, although I did manage to go through some gray matter.  I pretty much cleared out my e-mails that have been festering for the last week or so, so I can start the new week with not quite the back log that I had. 

Tomorrow will be the day for physical activity.  Lots of stuff to get done around here.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, BROODERS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment