Sunday, August 11, 2013

2013 - Day 223/142 - Sunday...

Sorry to report there is no totally useless trivia for me to share with you today, maybe tomorrow...

Today was a kind of eclectic day, if I do say so myself.  Started the day off with breakfast at the Bed & Breakfast.  Then a tour of the city, which included the downtown areas, some of the more urban areas (who know they grew and dried tobacco here?  Not me, that's for sure), and a visit to a cemetery.  The earliest birth date I could find was 1711, which is a long time ago.  There are lots of interesting things around here.  It is difficult for me to comprehend that this town was founded in (about) 1633.  Crazy!  Here is a photo of some of the eclectic-ness that we encountered today.

Then we went to the Mark Twain home and museum, which is next door to the Harriet Beecher Stowe home and museum.  Then it was back to the B&B for naps, and then to dinner at a very nice Italian Restaurant.

My friend Carrie had a bit of difficulty getting from Austin to here.  There was a problem with the fuel pump (I think) on the plane she was scheduled for, so they had to change planes, which caused her to miss her connecting flight.  She finally made it here at about 8 PM; we got back to the B&B and we all just sat around for a couple hours exchanging stories and having a good time.

Tomorrow will be an interesting day.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, STUFF, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment