Tuesday, April 15, 2014

2014 - Day 105/260 - Tuesday...

I am going to skip right to the chase folks.  The BEST part of this day was fleeting; it was sitting in the floor of my office, using the IBM Selectric that I received a couple months ago (and reported to you in this journal) from friends (and colleagues) in New Braunfels.  I loved it.  Today was the first time I even plugged it in and turned it on, but it was just like riding a bike, I knew exactly what to do, I remembered what the 'exp' and the 'index' buttons were for, I remembered how to set the tabs and the margins, and it was just a magical experience.  It was great fun!  I loved the way it sounded, too.  I could have used another envelope to make it perfect, but I did not find that necessary.  The address on the envelope is a 20th Century work of art, and everything about it was/is fabulous.  Okay, it might have been better if I were not addressing the envelope to the IRS, but that is just a minor detail.  I look forward to many more special moments with that wonderful piece of mechanical wizardry.  Any of you from this area need to be doing hail Mary's to IBM for making Austin what it is right now.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, TYPEWRITERS (Google it), Kindnesses, Wh
irled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment