Saturday, April 26, 2014

2014 - Day 116/249 - Saturday...

The day went pretty much as planned, although there were a couple periods that I thought things were going to be thrown off schedule.  I asked Jody to make a call to the weather service and remind them that there was not supposed to be any chance of rain until the overnight, but he plead that he had no influence on mother nature.

I got up earlier than I would have liked this morning, and made a pile of eggs.  I thought that would have been this journal entry's photo of the day (good grief those eggs were ugly but they sure were good) but it turns out I have a couple others that should be in the entry but only one (and not even the best of them) will make it.  Jody made brats for dinner on Thursday (I think, it might have been Wednesday) and I saved the goo left over from those to cook the eggs in this morning.  I did add a little bit of butter.  Like I said, they were ugly but really good.  I am a firm believer that you can cook the badness out of anything (like salmonella and those other exotic intestinal things).  Just fire it up and you can still eat it.

After breakfast, I power washed the pool deck with the intention that I would paint it later in the day.  After the power washing, Jody and I went into Austin (Costco and some other errands) and headed back and had lunch at our usual (forgive us Mikey for we have sinned, but it is you fault because you are the one that told me about the Oreo cookie milk shakes) and then headed home.  We got home about four o'clock, and I started painting the pool deck.  The part that I had expected to be the most difficult was the easiest and the part I thought would be easy and instantly gratifying was difficult and not really that rewarding.  I had guesstimated it would take three gallons of paint and I have just a teensy bit of paint left to do some detail things tomorrow.  The pool deck had been an egg shell (ivory, beige, whatever) and the beige (ivory) that they had at the paint store looked too yellow to me, so the deck is now WHITE!  It glows in the dark.  It is visible from the space shuttle.  Elk are using our pool deck to guide their migration paths.  The University of Texas sent interns to dig around the site to see if toxic waste had been buried nearby.  All I can say is, it is bright.  AND...there is always next year...  This is a shot of the deck just before 1).  I finished the paint job; 2).  It got dark and I could net see anymore except from the glow of the paint; 3).  I ran out of paint, or; D).  All of the above.  HINT, HINT, HINT...always go with all of the above if you are not sure...  YES, YOU WIN!  Congratulations!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, PAINTED, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment