Monday, April 21, 2014

2014 - Day 111/254 - Monday...

These clouds do not look all that threatening, and I am really okay with that.  I personally do not mind a good thunderstorm and all the fun and exciting things it brings with it.  I am really not interested in broken windows, roof damage or any kinds of damage at all, but a good thunderstorm is a fun thing to me.  It is not fun, however, when you have a nervous dag that thinks (and know absolutely, positively 100% for sure) that the end of the world is happening right outside those windows, and why are you still in the bed?  WE NEED TO TAKE COVER!  NOW! GET UP!  How about if I shiver, shake, whine, fart (especially fart) walk around, shiver, shake, whine, whine, whine uncontrollably, and fart some more.  Will that make you pay attention to me?  It is really pathetic, and I can pretty much sleep through anything (see the entry a couple years back about me sleeping in the upstairs bedroom in Memphis when a tornado wipe the house behind us off the face of the planet).  And sometimes I can sleep through the canine gyrations, but if not, I then feel guilty if Jody gets up and tries to comfort the dag; usually accomplished by luring the dog into the bedroom closet and closing the door so he cannot see the lightning flashes and the thunder is somewhat muffled.  Most of you know I do not have a strong familiarity of closets of any kind, and I can guarantee you it is not easy trying to get comfortable in a closet with a psycho boy dog.

I'm just sayin'.  So, we are happy that the worst of this possible storm will not be in our immediate area.  But just in case it is, and you do not hear from us for a while, as the authorities to check to see if the house has fallen off its' foundation.  We will be in the storm cellar, please come and rescue us.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CLOUDS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment