Sunday, April 6, 2014

2014 - Day 96/269 - Sunday...

Say what you will, but Homemade in the Shade is not just for dinner anymore.  Soup and ice cream, that will pretty much take care of it for now. 

Surprisingly I am not feeling as good as I expected I would feel today.  We did get some rain overnight (0.31" in the official gauge) and that was nice.  Jody and I took the boy for a ride late this morning, and then we were going to go into Round Rock to take care of some errands we did not take care of yesterday but about a mile from the house it began raining very hard AND HAILING so we turned around and waited it out.  About 45 minutes later we took off again and when we got to IH-35 there were piles of hail in the grass.  We got home and I emptied the rain gauge again with 1.98" of rain, so in the 24 hour period, we have 2.29" of rain.  Of course there is no way I can get back to the cattle for a while, but they will be fine.  We need the rain,

I am going to self-medicate again tonight and hope for the best.  I cannot be sick this week, there is too much stuff to get done.  All day meeting on Monday, this and that the rest of the week.  Everything will work out the way it is supposed to.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, RAIN, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment