Sunday, December 13, 2015

2015 - Day 347/18 - Sunday...

I am not sure how long the clouds have been hanging out in central Texas, but I am going to say they have been hanging around for four or five days at least. I actually did sleep through the storms last night; the winds must have bee pretty strong because they tore the American Flag off it's rigging on the flag pole, and there was lots of stuff tossed about. Yesterday afternoon while Jody and I were out, I remarked to him that, even though it was unlikely, the wind gusts came close to knocking me down while I was putting gas in his truck. It could have been the wind gusts, or it could have been me over-compensating (or maybe I was practicing my Michael Jackson moves in the Wal-Mart parking lot). Anyway, we did get another 1.37" of rain in the gauge overnight, and it dribbled most of the day today. It was nice to see the sun come out just in time for the sunset this evening (it was actually pre-vening), just a little bit after 5.

We don't generate a lot of trash between the two of us; we recycle almost everything that comes into the house. I did conduct another cricket copse sweep this afternoon and decided it would be best to put the trash can out at the road for the Monday morning pickup. I think we could probably go a month or maybe even six weeks without having to put the can out at the curb (we don't really have curbs, but whatever). Other than chicken messes and crickets, that is what constitutes the majority of our refuse, we just don't make much trash.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, SUN BREAKS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment