Monday, December 14, 2015

2015 - Day 348/16 - Monday...

It has always been my personal opinion that I walk more, consistently, on a daily basis, than the average person. Recent inter web searches have told me that the average person in the USofA walks between 2,000 and 6,000 steps per day. I thought it was MUCH less than that, and again, I always expected that I walked much more than the average Joe. And then I put a freakin' step-app on my phone. I have had this thing on my phone for four or five months (Aaron can tell you when I installed it on my phone) and in that time, only TWICE have I walked the target of 10,000 steps or more. There are several reasons for that lack of performance on my part, and here are just a few of them. The app doesn't work. You have to have your phone ON YOUR PERSON at all times for it to properly (I have my doubts) record all your steps. If you walk backwards, it takes steps off your total. Did I mention the app doesn't work? That is my story and I am sticking to it. It is NOT one of those things that you put on your wrist and allow it to record your activities constantly. For instance; when I am in the office, my phone is charging, and when I get up from my desk to walk to the printer, my phone does not accompany me. That is a nice way of (really) saying, when I go to the bathroom, I do not take my phone with me, although I do make an effort to carry it with me whenever I am going anything.

But I am going to go with the app doesn't work, but since it says I walked over the goal of 10,000 steps today, I am going to accept those results as fact.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, STEPS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment