Sunday, December 20, 2015

2015 - Day 354/11 - Sunday...

Today was another day of small accomplishments, and those things that have been on your mind for a long time now have a check mark next to them on my 'To Done' list! After chores today (about noon) Jody and I got into the truck and headed off to what we thought was a quick trip to Burnet. On the road from Burnet to Marble Falls we pass this place that is a HUGE import place, filled to the brim with crap, much of it rusty, and much of it coveted by me. We have been in the parking lot a couple times, but we have never been there when they are open. Today was the day! I wandered through the place for a half hour, looking at rusted full size Dia de los Muertos figures, blue cowhides, fabulous fountains of laid back frogs, whirly-gigs, perpetual motion sculptures and rusted crap that is plainly just beyond description. I bought nothing, but I am plotting and planning and contemplating, and I will be going back again next Saturday, again in the truck, just not quite sure what I will return to the house with. As Jody said (and continues to say) there is a fine line between yard art and crap on the porch, and I am erasing it!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, RUSTY CRAP, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment