Friday, July 7, 2017

2017 - Day 188/177 - Friday...

Today is 070717. Is that code for something? Hubert and Pauline cut grass out in the fields yesterday, and I was kind of thinking they would rake and bale today, but they didn't. That is perfectly okay with me, since that gives me a little break for the weekend; I won't need to hustle and haul hay to storage quite as early as I was thinking over the weekend. I just had an alert on my phone, that lightning has been detected in our area. Right now, we really don't want rain. You know the old saying, 'make hay while the sun shines'? That means they don't want rain on the cut grass before it is baled, because it will rot. I really don't expect it will rain for a couple days, but there is a 10% chance. That is code for 'it is not going to rain'. This is a photo from last night when I was out putzing around in the yard. Beautiful sunset. One of the girl chickens bit the dust yesterday, it was either Libby or Lucy. I think it was Lucy. It happens. That made me aware though, that I had not seen Vera in a day or two, so I waited until it was 'extra dark' to put them to bed, and I did a head-count, and all were accounted for (except Lucy), and Vera was in the coop with the rest of the chickens. It is just too damn hot, and old hens just cannot take those extremes. After all, they are not spring chickens anymore! Deeds, Actions, Changes, CUT GRASS
, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment