Monday, July 17, 2017

2017 - Day 198/167 - Monday...

In case you were wondering, barney the Cat is doing just fine. Thanks for asking. I think it is interesting that we (me, Jody and the cat) made a pact years ago that, it he (I am resigned not that Barney is a he) left the chickens alone, we would make sure he had food and a place to hunker down when he needed it. He will walk within a couple yards from the chickens and pay them no mind at all. We also made the same pact with the owl that used to live in the tree closer to the road (before the tree died after one of the droughts). Note to readers: Trees don't usually die DURING the droughts, it takes them a couple years to react to the stress that was endured DURING the drought, and then they die a year or two later. But I digress... It is kind of like the rat snakes; yes, I am startled by them on occasion, but overall, they are good for the environment, and I try to just 'relocate' them to somewhere other than the chicken coop (those are our eggs dammit) or the garage. I doubt that the velocity with which I fling them causes any permanent damage, and they come back around seeking 'MORE'! So, that is why I am kind of sad that some species around here are raised so badly that their instincts are more evident than their nurturing. There I go again. Deeds, Actions, Changes, BARNEY, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment