Wednesday, July 26, 2017

2017 - Day 207/158 - Wednesday...

In the end, all this commotion was really not worth all the bother. It was kind of anti-climactic, but they did clear a path for me, and it was pretty smooth sailing after I got past the four cars that were WAY OFF to the right shoulder of the Interstate. I am not sure why two fire trucks were summoned, but they were and I will not be questioning the local traffic experts. This one time. The lament around here is 'it is too freaking hot'. No matter where you are, no matter what the problem is, just blame it on the heat, and everyone will shake their heads in mutual agreement. 103 degrees seems to be the new normal for July in central Texas. August is usually the hottest month and by September we are all just ready to cash in all our chips. Relatively speaking, 50 or 60 years ago, there was no air conditioning, and it was (maybe) 6 or 8 degrees cooler in the summers. I still think 95 is too hot be comfortably go about your day, so I will settle for what we have, including air conditioning. Deeds, Actions, Changes, FIRE TRUCKS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment