Saturday, July 29, 2017

2017 - Day 210/155 - Saturday...

There is really not a whole lot you can do when the high temperature reached 107 degrees in central Texas. This morning, I did luxuriate in the bed about an extra thirty minutes, and then I got the newspaper, made coffee and read the paper. Dogs got up, fed them, read the paper. Made a pile of eggs for me and Jody, then went outside to water stuff, check on the chickens, and did a little of this and that. Had a ten o'clock appointment and a 2:30 appointment. The plan was to go into the office and do a little work between appointments. At the ten o'clock I got a call and made a 2 o'clock appointment, so that was good. I got to the office, and the files I expected to be there WEREN'T, so I shuffled a few papers around and went to the condo, where I watered those plants and took a nap. All was good until a friend of mine butt-dialed me and woke me from my nap, then I watched the news for a while and headed out. When I got to my appointment, the prospects were late, so I studied minutiae. I knew houses had aluminum frame windows back 'mid-century' but I never really noticed the Reynolds Aluminum brand on windows before. My parents bought a house in Southgate, Michigan in the mid-50s, and it had aluminum windows, but they did not have this branding on them. I like it! I made it back home close to 4 o'clock, and Jody and I headed out for lunch. Deeds, Actions, Changes, BRANDS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment