Monday, July 10, 2017

2017 - Day 191/174 - Monday...

It is too damn hot. We had some rain yesterday, but we need more rain. I had to do just a little bit of watering this afternoon, but I will need to do some watering tomorrow before I go off to work. It looked like it might stay cloudy for a while this morning when I left for Austin, but the clouds quickly burned off and it was just sunny and hot. It's too damn hot. Get ready folks, it sounds like this is going to be the theme for at least a couple months. July 10th is (hysterically) the first day we have temperatures of 100 degrees in central Texas. We have already had 9 days with temperatures of 100 degrees or more. Can you see where this is going? I will try to restrain myself, but this is a photo of the clouds this morning. Scary but pretty. And now for something completely different. I am watching Antiques Roadshow right now. They are showing a very nice pocket watch. Can anyone explain to me the concept of 'jewels' in a watch? When I was a little kid, the advertisements would say something like '17 jewels'. When they just opened the back of this pocket watch, I could see the 'jewels', but they looked like they were just 'set' into the movement. Not sure how that could enhance the accuracy of a timepiece. Feel free to discuss amongst yourselves, and get back to me with your report. Deeds, Actions, Changes, CLOUDS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment