Saturday, July 22, 2017

2017 - Day 203/165 - Saturday...

I bought this orchid at Costco about two months ago. I picked it out very carefully from those that were lined up in the store, based partly on the color, but mostly because it had more buds on it than the others on the rack. I carried it home carefully, not wanting it to tip over in the car on the way home and spill water inside the car, and got it home in one piece. Another reason I liked it was because it also had a variety of succulents in the pot covering the roots instead of the usual sphagnum moss. It was very nice, and I like it a lot and thought Jody would like it very much. He is really lucky with orchids, and I thought this one would be good to add to his collection. Several weeks (maybe a month) after I brought it home, I asked Jody if he had to pay any particular attention to the plant, or water it differently because of the succulents in the pot. He said he had not needed to water it at all so far. When I quizzed him on it, he informed me that the plant was artificial. ARTIFICIAL. FAKE. A FAKE plant that I bought and did not even know if was FAKE. I felt like an idiot. I asked Jody if he knew it was fake when I brought it home, and he said no, but that he had read the care instructions and found out it was FAKE. I confessed this to our friend Mike from Florida who had come to visit us, and he said he did not know it was FAKE either until Jody told him. A couple people have remarked about how pretty it is when they have visited, and Jody does not bother to tell them that it is FAKE. FAKE NEWS. FAKE ORCHIDS. I am going to put a call in to the New York Times. Just wait until they get wind of this. Deeds, Actions, Changes, FAKES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment