Tuesday, July 11, 2017

2017 - Day 192/173 - Tuesday...

Somebody out there thinks I need a Fidget Spinner. I'm not going to mention any names, but the initials are 'our friend Mike in Del Rey Beach'. I have known about this phenomenon, but never really been interested in it. I have a Rubik's Cube too. Not sure if I ever had a pet rock (even I am not that fiscally irresponsible), but I did have a couple Cabbage Patch Kids and I still have a bunch of Beanie Babies. The Fidget Spinner was delivered last night by special courier, along with a pair of Zebra Socks, a pair of red suspenders for Jody and a lovely card. I wish I still had all my Troll Dolls from when I was in Junior High School, and I wish someone had MADE ME collect baseball cards. When I worked in the toy department of Montgomery Wards in Southgate, Michigan, I wanted to start a collection of Matchbox Cars, but I never did. I was fascinated with Matchbox Cars, and that fascination continues to this day with real-life cars. But I digress. The tag on the Fidget Spinner says (among other things) that it is a 'great gift for ADD Children'. It also has several words blocked out (for sales within the United States) that we spent a good while in the office trying to decipher. Those words (to the best of our combined abilities) include 'Bi-Polar, Anxiety and Autism'. Time for a pill... Speaking of cars, mine went in for its' 100K service and a new set of shoes. According to Tesla, my car should be eight years old now. But it isn't. They gave me a Model X to drive and I have to admit it is a really cool car. I did not have it long enough to find the auto-sex button, but I bet if I had it long enough I could have found it. It was really a nice car, lots of updated technology. Cars are becoming computers on wheels, and I think when the cars do all the driving, there will be a significant decrease in traffic accidents and road rage. I may not be around to see it, but that is what I think. Just about the time they try to take my keys away, I will probably be able to order up a car to schlep me where I want to go. That is what I am counting on at least. Deeds, Actions, Changes, SPINNER, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment