Friday, July 21, 2017

2017 - Day 202/163 - Friday...

The folks in this truck were oblivious to the fact that they were driving down 45th Street this morning, spewing lawn mowers and edgers like a satanic rusty lawn God from the back end of a trailer that is not secured. The scraping of the trailer gate was pretty deafening even to me that suffers from some hearing loss. The sounds of the vehicles behind this vehicle screeching their brakes and narrowly being missed with a leaf blower that recently took flight should have been another indication that something was amiss. No matter of pointing and shouting was penetrating the drivers blue tooth earphones, and I lost sight of them as I took a left onto MoPac and they took a right into the high rent district abutting Camp Mabry. I expect when they got to their destination, they were surprised to find much of their equipment had been jettisoned in a five mile swath of central Texas. Some much for the excitement of the day... It is hot. Have I mentioned that today? 103 seems to be the new blue in central Texas. We are lucky to have things like a pool and central air conditioning. The chickens and the plants outside are not quite as fortunate, although for the most part, they are (collectively) holding up well. The grass is crunchy, but I will be able to go (at least) another week without having to cut it, although I do intend to cut some areas of the grass tomorrow (or maybe Sunday). I don't want to get too carried away. I have the rest of the hay bales to move as well, and I predict a couple naps in my future, to be completed over the next couple days. Deeds, Actions, Changes, LOST BLOWERS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment