Sunday, July 30, 2017

2017 - Day 211/154 - Sunday...

It was TOO HOT to do much of anything today. After I did early morning chores, I took a bale of hay to the cattle; I wanted to get that done before it got REALLY HOT. So that was a good thing. Jody did take the girl dogs for a ride late this morning, and I went along for the ride. I did not (however), stick my head out the window and hang my tongue out of my head. I left that to the girl dogs. This is a photo of the Callie girl through the rear view mirror. It is tough trying to get photos of them both while riding down the road. Last night (in the dark of the night), I took the oldest of the new chicks and put them on the roosts inside the chicken coop with the mature girls. So far, so good. No dead chickens (since last week anyway). The four chicks that I introduced have had their first taste of free-ranging, and they seem okay with it. They have been out into the bamboo, but they stayed pretty close to the coop overall. I have them closed off so they cannot get back into the run they occupied for the last month or so. Tonight will be the test to see if they go INSIDE the coop on their own or if I have to put them back on the roost. July is all but over with. August is knocking on the door, Where does the time go? Deeds, Actions, Changes, DOG RIDES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment