Sunday, July 9, 2017

2017 - Day 190/175 - Sunday...

I have come to the conclusion (and it has been 65 years in the making) that most things on this planet do better with water. Take Scotch for instance. Scotch and water are a pretty good combination. I prefer Scotch/rocks, but the rocks are made of water, so it is kind of the same thing. Then there are plants, and transplanted plants in particular. I have noticed that the plants that were planted years ago (some before we owned this house) have been doing much better since I began dousing them with water. And the transplanted plants are doing pretty well too. And then there is me. I had a pretty easy day yesterday and today, and I took the calm of the early afternoon to jump in the pool and just enjoy it. Of course there was a lot of huffing and puffing going on, but once that was finished, it was all good. After that, I took a short nap, and Jody and I went into Austin to re-plant some hangers-on that were missed in all the relocating of plants. I dud up some healthy specimens from the front of the property that had been overlooked, and they are now city dwellers, we planted them outside the front door of the condo. They were watered for the first time in a while. The soil they were in was hard as a rock, but they seemed to be doing well, and now with regular watering, I expect they will envelope the city and cause mass hysteria. And then we went to dinner at Luby's. We were there in plenty of time, and it was good. On the way home, it rained. From the time we got onto the Interstate until the time we got off the Interstate, the temperature dropped 28 degrees. We got home, and so far we have about 0.35" of rain, which means I will not have to water anything tomorrow. Except some Scotch. Maybe. Deeds, Actions, Changes, WATER, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment