Saturday, July 1, 2017

2017 - Day 182/183 - Saturday...

Miguel installed this stone path from near the front of the house to close to the front barn about seven years ago. In that time, the grasses (and weeds) covered it up, and really no one (not even the yard guys) knew it was there. You could just see traces of it if you knew what you were looking for. I started trying to uncover it a couple months ago, and I would do a little bit here and there, and it was hard work. Grass does not like giving up its' domain. When Mike was here a couple weeks ago, we would work on it for about thirty minutes at a time, and we made a good bit of progress. Then after Mike left, I would work on it some more, and give myself little achievable goals. This week, while I was out of town, the lawn crew finished off about the last ten feet or so that was still waiting. I always did like it, never did like using chemicals out here, but it looks like a grass killing chemical will be the way to go to keep it uncovered from now on. I like it, and it makes it a lot easier to go back and forth from the chickens. I gave myself some achievable goals for the weekend as well. Gluttony was not one of the goals, but I managed to accomplish it with little effort. Jody and ZI went to lunch (as we do every weekend, same time same place), and they brought me the wrong size milkshake. They said it was their fault, keep that one and they would bring me the right sized one. No one considered just giving me the difference in the money, and I sat there and consumed TWO milk shakes. I did lay off the fries though. And then I came home and went into a coma, but it was
a good coma. Deeds, Actions, Changes, PATHS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment