Saturday, July 8, 2017

2017 - Day 189/176 - Saturday...

It goes without saying, but I will say it anyway. It is not the boots that make the man. It's what's inside the boots that make the man, and in this case, it is a pair of red polka-dot socks! Nothing surprises the folks that live around us here on the edge of nowhere. I can be counted on to be attired in my boxers and Crocs and a pair of socks that add just the right amount of color and flair. The folks around these parts also know that if they venture past the garage and keep going towards the pool, I probably don't have socks on, either. Of course, it all depends on the time of day or evening. Best idea is to call ahead! I got off to a slow start this morning and wound down from there. There are few benefits to not having any recordable rain and being on the front end of the next drought; the grass does not grow enough that it needs to be cut every week. I am getting a break from that this weekend. Hubert did come over and rake and bale hay this afternoon, so I will move that hay from the front fields to the storage tomorrow. I re-potted a few plants, did some watering, and Jody and I went into town to take advantage of a sale. But the sale doesn't start until Wednesday. Ugh. We both had a nice couple of naps, and ended the day sitting out in the yard with the dogs. All in all, not bad for the beginning of summer on the edge of nowhere. Deeds, Actions, Changes, BOOTS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment