Monday, October 2, 2017

2017 - Day 275/90 - Monday...

The mystery of the lilies has been solved, and I am content with the answer I got this morning. I happened to stop at Barton Springs Nursery while I was out going back and forth from properties, and they had a nice stand of these lilies, although they were not nearly as lush as the photo that accompanies this journal entry. The lilies on the edge of nowhere started blooming yesterday, but when I got home from work this afternoon, they were absolutely glorious! But I digress...the experts at the nursery said they are commonly known as Oxblood Lilies (exactly what I had referred to them as, but I am not sure how I knew that). But here is the real information I am happy to have received. They bloom AFTER a rain (and not after a good watering) because there is a significant difference in the pH of rainwater as opposed to city water. City water has almost TWICE the pH as rainwater, something like a 12pH as opposed to a 6 to 7pH for rainwater. I am happy for that explanation, and happy that these guys are blooming all across the yard and the new beds on the edge of nowhere. Otherwise, just a nice Monday all told. Nothing too terrible, but there were several nice points to the day. A couple meetings tomorrow, but otherwise, I am happy with the way things are proceeding. I am the luckiest man in the world! Deeds, Actions, Changes, LILIES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment